Isla Montessori is a 501(c)3 school providing high quality authentic Montessori Programs. This legacy can only continue with the generous support from private businesses, community members, families and friends, like you.
In the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, a private business is given a unique opportunity to pay taxes due to the government directly to educational institutions by participating in the ETC Program. Businesses like yours can pay up to $5,000.00 annually of money earmarked for business texes to educational instotutions like Isla Montessori.
If you decide to participate in the ETC Program, your contribution will allow Isla Montessori to grow and improve our school facilities, improve the quality of its Education and After School Programs and provide educational scholarships to students and families in need within our community.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Isla Montessori School Legacy by becoming and ETC Donor, please contact us at 670.288.4752 or email us at email@example.com, The link below has additional information, too.
CNMI Public Law 10-328 grants a non-refundable tax credit up to $5000.00, anually. per tax payer for contributions made to qualifying educational institutions, such as Isla Montessori School. Taxpayers may be individuals or businesses. The ETC can be used to offset wage and salary tax, business gross revenue tax and earnings tax.
ETC is superior in 2 ways:
1. The credit is available to all individual tax payers, whether they itemize or not, AND
2. A tax credit provides a dollar for dollar tax benefit, whereas, a deduction provides less than a dollar for dollar tax benefit.
Please note that individual taxpayer can deduct contributions only as an itemized deduction. This limits the benefits to those individual taxpayers who itemize. Taxpayers who do not itemize do not get any tax benefit from making contributions.o to Make Your ETC Contribution
1. Determine now much Business Gross Receipts (BGRT) your business will pay during the current month.
2. If your monthly BGRT is $5,000.00 or more, you can give up to a maximum of $5,000.00 in any one year and credit this against your monthly taxes due. If your monthly BGRT is less than $5,000.00, determine how much you wish to give to Isla Montessori School, up to the limit of the BGRT amount due.
3. Make checks payable to Isla Montessori School. The check must be dated on or before the end of the month to be credited during that month. Isla Montessori School will issue you a receipt for the amount that you contributed.
4. Insert in Part II. AMOUNT DUE SUMMARY of your Monthly Gross Business Receipts tax return the amount of the educational contribution you are making to Isla Montessori School.
5. Fill out the ETC Schedule in your BGRT monthly return (Schedule ETC). Attach a copy of Isla Montessori School's receipt to your return.